Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Keeper of That Tapping Pen

I just loved this comment about managing meetings. I feel it is so true.
It is frustrating me currently extending meetings so that people can 'dwell'..........meeting should be like 'bam-bam-bam-ok lets get too it'. I miss managing...

"Q. What’s it like to be in a meeting run by you?

A. I’m not formal and I’m impatient. So I think my team would say that when she starts tapping her pen and the leg starts moving quickly, that it’s time to move on. I’m not good at long, drawn-out kinds of sessions. I want to get to the point and not waste time on something that’s not meaningful for the senior team.

Q. So beware the tapping of the pen.

A. Absolutely. When that starts, you know things are not going well."

full article here

No comments:

Post a Comment